Monday, February 02, 2009

Damn the KGB!

Normally I am very good at finding things on the internet. However, tonight I looked around for about 3 hours (I even texted KGB, but they came up short) trying to find reference to one of the funniest commercials ever: a car commercial which featured a couple of LA hipsters getting in their car and heading to Vegas, with "Viva Las Vegas" blaring on the radio. They were all stoked, doing the head-bobbing finger snapping thing in tune to the music, as they came up on the Vegas welcome sign.



Then the commercial cut to a shot of them driving away from the city in near silence, looking very depressed. The only sound was the hum of the engine, and there was a caption that said something like "4 hours, 37 minutes and 800 dollars later." The idea was that at least the car (whatever kind it was) was a good deal, in spite of the otherwise very disappointing events of the evening.
If anyone remembers what car company this commercial was for, or better yet, can find the commercial on youtube or some such, let me know... It's driving me nuts!

2 comments:

Brannon said...

The KGB uses an encrypted channel. You have to enter "PassVord" before your message.

Tyson said...

I got through, they just didn't know the answer; they didn't charge me because I stumped them. Do you remember the commercial?