Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fifteen

Nick turns 15 today.
Fif-teen!
We're taking him out to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, then one of his fav restaurants, Bucca Di Beppo, for dinner, followed by getting comfy on the couch and watching last night's episode of Heroes.
Fifteen. Jesus.
Life starts out so slow, like you'll never grow old, and the next thing you know it's racing by like telephone poles from the window of a train.
I'm kind of dumbstruck at the moment, but happy... as well as excited for Nick's youth and the possibilities for his future.
Happy birthday Boy!@

9 comments:

Erin said...

Here's something frightening for you: in three years, Nick will be as old as I was when I met you!

Tyson said...

I know what you're trying to do, woman.
And that's why I love you! :)

k said...

It is striking, isn't it, the passage of time. B and I began our relationship 17 years ago. In Erin Years, that's when she was 11 years old.

We did take a 3 year break from our togetherness, but longed to be back together. Was that sappy? Thaaaat was sappy. Oh well.

Anyway, it's hard to believe that I have known that man and been in some sort of relationship with him, close or distant for so long.

lvgregger said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nick.
Greg and Claudia

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday kiddo!

Brannon said...

I see an automobile in his near future.

Tyson said...

yeah, we bought our Matrix in 2004 knowing we'd have it paid off about 10 months before he turns 16, and with the intention of it being his first car; though we've also thought about getting him a scooter instead for driving to and from school.

Brannon said...

Get him the scooter, now, for his 15th birthday -- and give him the car next year.

k said...

BTW, I still remember the day you came up to me and said, "Hey, Elaine. I'm gonna be a dad." I think it was at an NA convention.

Funny, the things I remember.

I hope Nick had a great day!!