Friday, November 21, 2008

Terrifica, Fantastico and The Wet Blanket!

I was poking around online, looking for pics of the super-villain The Wet Blanket. He's a character from the Graphic novel series Empowered. Empowered (Emp for short) is a "D" list super-chica with a fat ass and self esteem issues, whose super-powers come from a latex-like skin tight suit. The only problem? When her fragile suit gets torn, she loses her powers and often winds up in bondage, waiting for her fellow super-homeys to come rescue her.
Anyway, among the cast of characters we have on the hero side Ninjette, Thug-Boy (a former witless minion) and the alliterative Caged Demonwolf. On the villian side, among others,we have the Wet Blanket, whose power is to render others powerless when in his presence (kind of like the black guy on"Heroes.")
I couldn't find any pictures of him, so here's one I took w/ my camera:




So as I was looking for this guy I got distracted when I came across the true-life caped heroine "Terrifica!" and her arch Nemesis "Fantastico." Rather than tell you about them, you can click here to read their story, or just do a google search; the two are quite famous.

From there, I got caught up in the phenomenon of real life superheroes. Yes, they do exist. From the generic, to the boring, to the just-plain-sad, they run the gamut of stereotypes. However, one man stands among them, a TRUE hero, dedicated with single-minded purpose to his cause and living out his code. And that man is the enigmatically named Angle-grinder man!



This guy is a true hero, fighting the good fight, using the tools of Justice to rage against the machine of a cruel and unforgiving Big Brother. You go, Angle-grinder Man! Go go go !!!

2 comments:

Brannon said...

You're just being rebellious.I'm not reading this unless you put the Angle Grinder in an Dancing Elf video. CONFORM!

Unknown said...

I want a poster of him for my bedroom wall.