Friday, November 28, 2008

Composition 9-6-77

If I could be any vegetable, I would probably be a stalk of corn. Corn is a tall, superior vegetable over the others in a garden. Corn reigns tall and high like the king of the vegetables. (Pardon the printing, I forgot!)
All the vegetables would look up to me. I would be like the army commander over the crop. "Okay tomatoes and lettuce, at ease!," I would say. Yes, corn would see the sunrise and sunset long before the carrots and onions. Yessiree! The plant I would like to be is corn, King of the crop!

{End of composition}

4 comments:

Brannon said...

I'd be a beet. No reason, but if someone ate me, I could call the a pinko commie and I'd probably be right. So there's that.

Brannon said...

I wrote that last comment in '77 also.

Unknown said...

In 1977 I was 4. I probably wanted to be Mr. Potato Head.

Well written young Tyson.

k said...

I wrote this in '79. I was 15. I was a light-hearted soul, even then.

Up around myself I have built a shell,
imprisoning myself forever in eternal hell.
Like a costume I put on my show
so that into the world I may go.
Once inside I am protected strong
But I keep asking, "How long?"
"When will someone notice me for me
and set me free?"
But so far people just notice my outside.
Oh, they love me,
but not enough to notice I hide
Why doesn't anyone care?
I want someone to dare,
to let me out,
Run freely about.
Oh damn!
I am!
But not what you see,
No, that's not me.
I am locked deep within.
Will someone be my friend?
Well, maybe someday
but first I must find the way,
The way to go,
So I won't have to put on my little show.