Monday, November 17, 2008

Is Patience is a Virtue When you're Waiting on Vice?

The author of my all-time favorite piece of fiction is George RR Martin. Aside from the fact that he is in a class by himself when it comes to the craft of storytelling, one of the reasons I like him so much is that on his blog, THIS video was posted,



with a comment on how very, very different advertising tactics have become in the last 38 years.
Also on his blog is a story of how his house was recently burgled (oK, burglarized) and that the only thing of consequence that was taken was a cool sword a fan had given him. I like a guy whose real treasure is, well... treasure. AND he had the presence of mind enough to mention to we, his faithful readers, that the manuscript for his next book is safe and sound. However, it's a bit late, and in my next post, I'll tell you about the tragedy of catching on to a great series at the wrong time in its publishing cycle.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, man, I am beginning to think I might die of old age before the next book is out!

Erin said...

So I was checking blogs today, and I didn't pay attention to where I was clicking. I thought this one was DBB, and I was thinking, man, does he continue to make me hot!

Erin said...

"What happened there could have happened to anyone. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong vagina."

....er, blog.
;)

Tyson said...

I surely hope that all of my Readers know what Erin is talking about. If not, then, well...
You'll have to ask her.

Tyson said...

OR DBB... take your pick.

Brannon said...

Well lets see. Californication? Mouth Rapist?

Tyson said...

You, my friend, have excellent taste in cable television. That show's capital-A Awesome!

Erin said...

That episode is actually entitled "Slip of the Tongue," which makes me giggle every time I think of it.

Brannon said...

Mmm the actual title? You must really like that show. {rolls eyes}

I though they were all titled "Oops I accidently stumbled into some more pussy".