Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Where's Waldo

I've have been quite busy since my last post. I had to basically get all my end of year work like grading and packing the classroom up done by last Friday, so I was up at school late, and I had 2 doctors appointments last week as well. But I am happy to say I got everything at school done, and so I never have to go back there again!

Since Thursday, I have been on a job-finding mission. I had phone interviews with Boise and Missoula. I flew to Salt Lake on Saturday and rented a car because driving is painful with my neck problems, and the flight was cheap. I drove from there to Idaho Falls for my interview yesterday, and then I headed up here to Missoula, a good six hour drive.
Today as I was headed out the door to an interview in Kalispell (a 3 hour drive), I noticed that the tires on my rental were bald down to the steel wires. Thankfully our friends Jan and Sarah, who I am staying with, loaned me their gi-normous truck and I made it to my interview on time. I think it went well, and I should be hearing back from them by Friday.
So tomorrow I have to take the rental to Firestone to replace the tires. I was expecting a hard time from the rental company, but they have been great so far. Tomorrow after I get the tires replaced I am going to drop three apps off in Florence, Stevensville and Hamilton, all tiny towns within 60 miles of Missoula. Then on Thursday I have a phone interview with Eagle, Colorado. Then I am headed back to Salt Lake, to fly home Friday afternoon. I have been so busy I haven't even had time to go fishing! (OK, that's a lie. I brought my fly rod as a carry-on, but I have had little time to fish, and the rivers are all still blown out from the run-off, so it's practically like not fishing at all, considering where I am...)
If all goes well we should know by this weekend where we are moving. As of this moment, I am pulling for Kalispell, but a lot can change in the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: