Thursday, July 03, 2008

A trip down memory lane via cereal boxes

I don't know why I go off on these little internet missions, but I just spent the last 2 hours looking at vintage Starwars toys. Specifically, I was looking for a little hand-held movie camera thing which I shoplifted from a K-mart when I was 7. How I wound up in a K-mart by myself late in the evening at age 7 is an interesting story, but one for another time. Anyway, the toy in question had little cartridge things which, when inserted and cranked with a handle on the side, presented actual movie-sequences through the viewfinder. It was a cool toy.
So anyway, I didn't find it, but as I was occasionally reminded of various Starwars toys from my youth, I told Erin about a landspeeder string-glider I once got from a box of cereal. It was hella cool. And then, of course, I found a picture of the exact cereal box it came from.
Friggin' internets.... it's constantly amazing. I don't know where this guy finds the time, but his comprehensive list of cereal boxes with Starwars related themes reminded me how much I used to covet things which no longer exist, like Crazy Cow cereal. Crazy Cow: you can't get much more 1970's.
Now I'm off to find pics of the Guns of Navarone mountain playset I used to use as a battlestation in opposition to my Death Star.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Now I'm off to find pics of the Guns of Navarone mountain playset I used to use as a battlestation in opposition to my Death Star."

And THAT, dear one, is why you will always be my friend.